Education & Outreach Manager
1-868-662-4659 310 ext
BA Communications, Howard University, USA, 1995
Ed.M International Education, Harvard University Graduate School of Education, USA, 2000
- Erouscilla Joseph, Denise M. Beckles, Viveka Jackson, Leonette Cox, and Stacey Edwards. Community-Based Volcano Monitoring Approach at Sulphur Springs, Saint Lucia: A Lesson in Good Stakeholder Engagement. IAVCEI General Assembly, 14 – 18 August 2017: Portland, Oregon, USA. Poster Presentation
- Ash C., S. Edwards, R. Robertson – Fostering a new Generation of Geo-Scientists: Lessonslearned from the C.O.R.E. Internship Programme. CARIUSA 2017 Working GroupMeeting, Kingston, Jamaica, March 2017. Oral Presentation.
- Graham, O., Robertson, R.E.A., Edwards, S., Ash, C., Juman, A. Engaging youth in raising hazardawareness in the Eastern Caribbean. Cities on Volcanoes 9: Understanding volcanoes andsociety – the key for risk mitigation. Puerto Varas, Chile. November 20 – 25, 2016. OralPresentation.
- Ash C., N. Edgecombe, S. Edwards, M. Johnson, R. Robertson- Volcano Hazard Education in theEastern Caribbean – Learning through the Arts. Cities on Volcanoes 9. Session S1.8 Using arts forvolcano risk communication. Puerto Varas, Chile, November 2016. Oral Presentation
- Graham, O., Edwards, S., Robertson, R.E.A., Ash, C., Juman, A. Education & Outreach at The UWISeismic Research Centre: A multi-faceted approach to risk reduction using public education in theEastern Caribbean. 20th Caribbean Geological Conference: A collision of ideas to uplift our understanding. Port-of-Spain, Trinidad. May 17 – 22, 2015. Oral Presentation
- Graham, O., Edwards, S., Robertson, R.E.A., Ash, C., Juman, A. The UWI Seismic Research Centre Education and Outreach Section: A Brief History. Human Communication Studies International Conference: Identity, Context & Interdisciplinarity in Human Communication Studies in the Caribbean. The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad and Tobago.September 24 – 25, 2015. Oral Presentation
- R. Robertson, S. Edwards, J. Latchman, L. Lynch, E. P. Joseph, R. Stewart. Conveying the messageto people at risk of volcanic activity in the Eastern Caribbean: The challenges of effective communication between regional scientists, local civil authorities and the public. 42nd Workshop of the International School of Geophysics. Erice, Sicily (IT), 2-6 November 2013. Oral Presentation
- Erouscilla Joseph, Denise M. Beckles, Richard Robertson, Joan L. Latchman, and Stacey Edwards. A Proposed Community Network for Monitoring Volcanic Emissions in Saint Lucia, Lesser Antilles. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, 9-13 December 2013, San Francisco, California. Poster Presentation
- Von Hillebrandt-Andrade C., Aliaga B. and Edwards S.M. Educating about tsunamis in the Caribbean. (2013) American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, California USA. Poster Presentation