Education & Outreach Manager
1-868-662-4659 310 ext
BA Communications, Howard University, USA, 1995
Ed.M International Education, Harvard University Graduate School of Education, USA, 2000
- O. Graham, T. Thomas, A. Hicks, S. Edwards, A. Juman, A. Ramroop, R. Robertson. Facts, Faith and Facebook: Science communication during the 2020–2021 La Soufrière, St. Vincent volcanic eruption. Geological Society, London, Special Publications (2023), 539 (1).
- E. P. Joseph, M. Camejo-Harry, T. Christopher, R. Contreras-Arratia, S. Edwards, O. Graham, M. Johnson, A. Juman, J. L. Latchman, L. Lynch, V. L. Miller, I. Papadopoulos, K. Pascal, R. Robertson, G. A. Ryan, A. Stinton, R. Grandin, I. Hamling, M-J. Jo, J. Barclay, P. Cole, B. V. Davies & R. S. J. Sparks (2022): Responding to eruptive transitions during the 2020-2021 eruption of La Soufrière volcano, St. Vincent. Nature Communications 13 (4129 (2022)), 10.1038/s41467-022-31901-4
- Graham, Omari., Edwards, Stacey., Robertson, Richard. (July 2022). More than a warning: Expanding the role of communication in Eastern Caribbean volcano science. Frontiers in Earth Science. https://doi.org/10.3389/feart.2022.907559
- Graham, Omari., Edwards, Stacey., Robertson, Richard. (January 2022). Managing stakeholder relationships for improved situation awareness during volcanic emergencies: an Eastern Caribbean case study. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. Volume 67. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2021.102656.
- Erouscilla P. Joseph, Michelle V. Forbes, Stacey Edwards, and Elizabeth Riley. Management of the crisis response to the 2020 – 2021 eruption of La Soufrière volcano, St. Vincent. Cities on Volcanoes 11, 13-17 June 2022, Heraklion, Greece. Oral Presentation.
- Angela Doherty, Stacey Edwards, Erouscilla Joseph and Michelle Forbes. Special session on recent eruptions: crisis management. Cities on Volcanoes 11, 13-17 June 2022, Heraklion, Greece. Session Convenors.
- Lara Mani, Stacey Edwards, Alia Juman, Thalia Thomas and Erouscilla Joseph. Lessons from the 2020-2021 eruption of La Soufriere St. Vincent on ‘what works’ for volcanic crisis communications. Cities on Volcanoes 11, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 12-17 2022. Oral Presentation.
- Lara Mani, Stacey Edwards, Alia Juman, Thalia Thomas and Erouscilla Joseph. Evaluating the crisis communications campaign during the 2020-2021 eruption of La Soufriere, St Vincent. The EGU General Assembly 23-27 May 2022, Vienna, Austria. Geophysical Research Abstracts, Session EOS1.7. Oral Presentation.
- O. Graham and S. Edwards. VALS In Caribbean Volcanic Crises: St. Vincent 2020 – 2021. Volcano Alert Level Systems: Exploring Standardisation, Networks, And Resources Pre-Conference Workshop. Cities on Volcanoes 11, 13-17 June 2022, Heraklion, Greece. Oral Presentation.
- Erouscilla Joseph, Denise M. Beckles, Viveka Jackson, Leonette Cox, and Stacey Edwards. Community-Based Volcano Monitoring Approach at Sulphur Springs, Saint Lucia: A Lesson in Good Stakeholder Engagement. IAVCEI General Assembly, 14 – 18 August 2017: Portland, Oregon, USA. Poster Presentation
- Ash C., S. Edwards, R. Robertson – Fostering a new Generation of Geo-Scientists: Lessonslearned from the C.O.R.E. Internship Programme. CARIUSA 2017 Working GroupMeeting, Kingston, Jamaica, March 2017. Oral Presentation.
- Graham, O., Robertson, R.E.A., Edwards, S., Ash, C., Juman, A. Engaging youth in raising hazardawareness in the Eastern Caribbean. Cities on Volcanoes 9: Understanding volcanoes andsociety – the key for risk mitigation. Puerto Varas, Chile. November 20 – 25, 2016. OralPresentation.
- Ash C., N. Edgecombe, S. Edwards, M. Johnson, R. Robertson- Volcano Hazard Education in theEastern Caribbean – Learning through the Arts. Cities on Volcanoes 9. Session S1.8 Using arts forvolcano risk communication. Puerto Varas, Chile, November 2016. Oral Presentation
- Graham, O., Edwards, S., Robertson, R.E.A., Ash, C., Juman, A. Education & Outreach at The UWISeismic Research Centre: A multi-faceted approach to risk reduction using public education in theEastern Caribbean. 20th Caribbean Geological Conference: A collision of ideas to uplift our understanding. Port-of-Spain, Trinidad. May 17 – 22, 2015. Oral Presentation
- Graham, O., Edwards, S., Robertson, R.E.A., Ash, C., Juman, A. The UWI Seismic Research Centre Education and Outreach Section: A Brief History. Human Communication Studies International Conference: Identity, Context & Interdisciplinarity in Human Communication Studies in the Caribbean. The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad and Tobago.September 24 – 25, 2015. Oral Presentation
- R. Robertson, S. Edwards, J. Latchman, L. Lynch, E. P. Joseph, R. Stewart. Conveying the messageto people at risk of volcanic activity in the Eastern Caribbean: The challenges of effective communication between regional scientists, local civil authorities and the public. 42nd Workshop of the International School of Geophysics. Erice, Sicily (IT), 2-6 November 2013. Oral Presentation
- Erouscilla Joseph, Denise M. Beckles, Richard Robertson, Joan L. Latchman, and Stacey Edwards. A Proposed Community Network for Monitoring Volcanic Emissions in Saint Lucia, Lesser Antilles. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, 9-13 December 2013, San Francisco, California. Poster Presentation
- Von Hillebrandt-Andrade C., Aliaga B. and Edwards S.M. Educating about tsunamis in the Caribbean. (2013) American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, California USA. Poster Presentation