Education & Outreach Manager
1-868-662-4659 310 ext
BA Communications, Howard University, USA, 1995
Ed.M International Education, Harvard University Graduate School of Education, USA, 2000
Graham, Omari, Thalia Thomas, Anna Hicks, Stacey Edwards, Alia Juman, Arti Ramroop, and Richard Robertson. 2024. “Facts, Faith and Facebook: Science Communication During the 2020–21 La Soufrière, St Vincent Volcanic Eruption.” Geological Society, London, Special Publications 539 (1):SP539-2022-289. doi: doi:10.1144/SP539-2022-289.
- E. P. Joseph, M. Camejo-Harry, T. Christopher, R. Contreras-Arratia, S. Edwards, O. Graham, M. Johnson, A. Juman, J. L. Latchman, L. Lynch, V. L. Miller, I. Papadopoulos, K. Pascal, R. Robertson, G. A. Ryan, A. Stinton, R. Grandin, I. Hamling, M-J. Jo, J. Barclay, P. Cole, B. V. Davies & R. S. J. Sparks (2022): Responding to eruptive transitions during the 2020-2021 eruption of La Soufrière volcano, St. Vincent. Nature Communications 13 (4129 (2022)), 10.1038/s41467-022-31901-4
- Graham, Omari., Edwards, Stacey., Robertson, Richard. (July 2022). More than a warning: Expanding the role of communication in Eastern Caribbean volcano science. Frontiers in Earth Science. https://doi.org/10.3389/feart.2022.907559
- Graham, Omari., Edwards, Stacey., Robertson, Richard. (January 2022). Managing stakeholder relationships for improved situation awareness during volcanic emergencies: an Eastern Caribbean case study. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. Volume 67. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2021.102656.
- Erouscilla P. Joseph, Michelle V. Forbes, Stacey Edwards, and Elizabeth Riley. Management of the crisis response to the 2020 – 2021 eruption of La Soufrière volcano, St. Vincent. Cities on Volcanoes 11, 13-17 June 2022, Heraklion, Greece. Oral Presentation.
- Angela Doherty, Stacey Edwards, Erouscilla Joseph and Michelle Forbes. Special session on recent eruptions: crisis management. Cities on Volcanoes 11, 13-17 June 2022, Heraklion, Greece. Session Convenors.
- Lara Mani, Stacey Edwards, Alia Juman, Thalia Thomas and Erouscilla Joseph. Lessons from the 2020-2021 eruption of La Soufriere St. Vincent on ‘what works’ for volcanic crisis communications. Cities on Volcanoes 11, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 12-17 2022. Oral Presentation.
- Lara Mani, Stacey Edwards, Alia Juman, Thalia Thomas and Erouscilla Joseph. Evaluating the crisis communications campaign during the 2020-2021 eruption of La Soufriere, St Vincent. The EGU General Assembly 23-27 May 2022, Vienna, Austria. Geophysical Research Abstracts, Session EOS1.7. Oral Presentation.
- O. Graham and S. Edwards. VALS In Caribbean Volcanic Crises: St. Vincent 2020 – 2021. Volcano Alert Level Systems: Exploring Standardisation, Networks, And Resources Pre-Conference Workshop. Cities on Volcanoes 11, 13-17 June 2022, Heraklion, Greece. Oral Presentation.
- Erouscilla Joseph, Denise M. Beckles, Viveka Jackson, Leonette Cox, and Stacey Edwards. Community-Based Volcano Monitoring Approach at Sulphur Springs, Saint Lucia: A Lesson in Good Stakeholder Engagement. IAVCEI General Assembly, 14 – 18 August 2017: Portland, Oregon, USA. Poster Presentation
- Ash C., S. Edwards, R. Robertson – Fostering a new Generation of Geo-Scientists: Lessonslearned from the C.O.R.E. Internship Programme. CARIUSA 2017 Working GroupMeeting, Kingston, Jamaica, March 2017. Oral Presentation.
- Graham, O., Robertson, R.E.A., Edwards, S., Ash, C., Juman, A. Engaging youth in raising hazardawareness in the Eastern Caribbean. Cities on Volcanoes 9: Understanding volcanoes andsociety – the key for risk mitigation. Puerto Varas, Chile. November 20 – 25, 2016. OralPresentation.
- Ash C., N. Edgecombe, S. Edwards, M. Johnson, R. Robertson- Volcano Hazard Education in theEastern Caribbean – Learning through the Arts. Cities on Volcanoes 9. Session S1.8 Using arts forvolcano risk communication. Puerto Varas, Chile, November 2016. Oral Presentation
- Graham, O., Edwards, S., Robertson, R.E.A., Ash, C., Juman, A. Education & Outreach at The UWISeismic Research Centre: A multi-faceted approach to risk reduction using public education in theEastern Caribbean. 20th Caribbean Geological Conference: A collision of ideas to uplift our understanding. Port-of-Spain, Trinidad. May 17 – 22, 2015. Oral Presentation
- Graham, O., Edwards, S., Robertson, R.E.A., Ash, C., Juman, A. The UWI Seismic Research Centre Education and Outreach Section: A Brief History. Human Communication Studies International Conference: Identity, Context & Interdisciplinarity in Human Communication Studies in the Caribbean. The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad and Tobago.September 24 – 25, 2015. Oral Presentation
- R. Robertson, S. Edwards, J. Latchman, L. Lynch, E. P. Joseph, R. Stewart. Conveying the messageto people at risk of volcanic activity in the Eastern Caribbean: The challenges of effective communication between regional scientists, local civil authorities and the public. 42nd Workshop of the International School of Geophysics. Erice, Sicily (IT), 2-6 November 2013. Oral Presentation
- Erouscilla Joseph, Denise M. Beckles, Richard Robertson, Joan L. Latchman, and Stacey Edwards. A Proposed Community Network for Monitoring Volcanic Emissions in Saint Lucia, Lesser Antilles. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, 9-13 December 2013, San Francisco, California. Poster Presentation
- Von Hillebrandt-Andrade C., Aliaga B. and Edwards S.M. Educating about tsunamis in the Caribbean. (2013) American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, California USA. Poster Presentation