Vision, Mission & Core Values
The UWI’s Vision and Mission
To be an excellent global university rooted in the Caribbean.
To advance learning, create knowledge and foster innovation for the positive transformation of the Caribbean and the wider world.
The UWI’s Quality Policy
The UWI Seismic Research Centre
To be the foremost agency in the English-speaking Eastern Caribbean for providing reliable information to minimize risk from earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis.
To monitor and study earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis in the Eastern Caribbean and provide advice and information to protect lives and livelihoods.
Our Core Values
- Dedication to duty and commitment to excellence
- Keen sense of individual, collective and social responsibility
- Commitment to precision and accuracy
- Culture of innovation, adaptability and improvement
- Independent thought and inquiry
- Ethical conduct in all that we do