Research Fellow - Engineering Seismology
1-868-662-4659 313 ext
Bachelor in Physics
MSc in Applied Geophysics
PhD in Geophysics/Engineering Seismology
- Active/passive seismic sources
- TDEM soundings
- Electric tomography
- Seismological networking
- Strong motion networking
- Seismic hazard studies
- Micronization studies
- Scripting in DOS/Linux/UNIX
For the period 2004-2015, tenure Lecturer at the Technological Educational Institute of Crete on Geophysics & Natural Hazards. In charge of the Hellenic Seismological Network of Crete. In Trinidad, Research Fellow in Engineering Seismology. Principal Investigator of the Trinidad & Tobago Microzonation Project. Initiated the community-based Citizen Seismologist Project in the West Indies. Currently Mhil students working with: Kafele Reddock, Jevan Manzano
- Ilias Papadopoulos, Jevan Manzano, Kafele Reddock, Joan L Latchman, The Trinidad and Tobago Microzonation Project: San Fernando, Geophysical Journal International, 2023;, ggad013, https://doi.org/10.1093/gji/ggad013
- E. P. Joseph, M. Camejo-Harry, T. Christopher, R. Contreras-Arratia, S. Edwards, O. Graham, M. Johnson, A. Juman, J. L. Latchman, L. Lynch, V. L. Miller, I. Papadopoulos, K. Pascal, R. Robertson, G. A. Ryan, A. Stinton, R. Grandin, I. Hamling, M-J. Jo, J. Barclay, P. Cole, B. V. Davies & R. S. J. Sparks (2022): Responding to eruptive transitions during the 2020-2021 eruption of La Soufrière volcano, St. Vincent. Nature Communications 13 (4129 (2022)), 10.1038/s41467-022-31901-4
- Ilias Papadopoulos, Kafele Reddock, Jevan Manzano, Joan L Latchman, The Trinidad and Tobago Microzonation Project: Port of Spain, Geophysical Journal International, Volume 222, Issue 3, September 2020, Pages 1936–1951, https://doi.org/10.1093/gji/ggaa275
- Papadopoulos, I., Papazachos, C., Savvaidis, A., Theodulidis, N., and Vallianatos F., 2016, Seismic microzonation of the broader Chania basin area (Southern Greece) from the joint evaluation of ambient noise and earthquake recordings, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, DOI: 10.1007/s10518-016-0019-0
- Hloupis, G., Papadopoulos, I., Makris, J. P., and Vallianatos, F., 2013, The South Aegean seismological network – HSNC, Advances in Geosciences, 34, 15-21, doi:10.5194/adgeo-34-15-2013.
- Papadopoulos I., and TTMP participants, 2017, The Trinidad & Tobago Microzonation Project: Understanding and quantifying earthquake risk, 6th Geological Conference, Geological Society of Trinidad & Tobago, Port of Spain, 22-24 May 2017.
- Chatzopoulos G., Vallianatos F., and Papadopoulos I., 2017, An Urban strong ground motion network in the city of Chania, Crete. Preliminary results, EGU General Assembly 2016, Trieste, Italy, 4 – 11 September 2016.
- Papadopoulos I., Higgins M., 2016, Earthquake Loss Estimation in the Caribbean, APPET Annual Technical Conference, Couva, 23-24 June 2016